• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi im Ann live in S Wales & interested in all wildlife including birds. Especially the birds that visit my garden on a daily basis. (1 Viewer)

Ann yates

United Kingdom
Hi im Ann. I live in S Wales, am interested in all wildlife and especially the garden birds that visit my garden on a daily basis which includes this beautiful goldfinch

Welcome to Birdforum. I hope you enjoy your visits. Leucistic birds are relatively common.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. According to studies published in avionreport.com only 1 bird in 30,000 has leucistic or albinistic plumage, so about .0033% seems that would be pretty rare to me. And what a lovely shot of the little one.

Hi Ann and a warm welcome from me too. I often see black birds with varying amounts of leucism but have not noticed any in Goldfinches.

You can read more about leucism in our Opus Dictionary: Dictionary G-L - BirdForum Opus

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Hi im Ann. I live in S Wales, am interested in all wildlife and especially the garden birds that visit my garden on a daily basis which includes this beautiful goldfinch
Welcome Ann from a fellow S Wales birder. I have been posting mostly on the Mallorca part of the bird forum as I have a lot of connections there bird wise. Back here, only had 1 chaffinch and 1 goldfinch in the garden, but plenty of everything else, including a flock of 11 long tailed tits which are very entertaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back