• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi there. (1 Viewer)

Hi everyone. It's literally my second day of birdwatching.....birding, not sure of the preferred term. I'm from Australia but I'm currently in Koh Samui Thailand and saw a Nicobar Pigeon, that along with my love of the movie 'The Big Year' made me decide to get into it.
I know it's a long shot but does anyone know what this is? They have never been close enough to get a decent picture with my phone but thought someone might happen to know. Thanks. Michelle.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221128-122638_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221128-122638_Gallery.jpg
    520.9 KB · Views: 4
Hi, welcome to birdforum from all the staff here, we hope you enjoy the site and feel free to join in where ever you wish.
Maybe create a thread in our bird i.d. forum putting the location in the thread title.
cheers,
Andy

Hi Michelle and a warm welcome from me too.

It would appear to be a bee-eater and maybe a Blue-tailed Bee-eater, though I'm not sure if there are other possibilities; so do follow the link Andy gave you for the ID forum for more assistance.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back