• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How to find scorpions (in Spain) (1 Viewer)

condor1992

Spain
Currently, I'm trying to find a scorpion in the Alicante area. Recently I became aware of all the yellow scorpions in this region being assigned to a different species, Buthus alacanti, which is why I spent quite a bit of time searching for them today in Clot de Galvany, though half-heartedly as their main habitat was flooded this year.

Found no scorpion when turning over large rocks and dead palm tree pieces, even though I found a snake when doing so (Grass snake). I was searching in a salt marsh area.

Am I doing something wrong? What rocks do they usually sit under, and can they even be found in July? I know they are supposed to occur here, but there have been no reports, so will try a different area tomorrow.

On the bright side, found white-headed ducks and ferruginous ducks here today, plus about 5 (invasive) pond sliders when looking for the mediterranean turtles which also occur hereDSC02011.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back