• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Relocate Ducklings (1 Viewer)

budstone2023

United States
Dear Friends:

On June 16, 2023 a Mother Mallard Duck and her ten ducklings wanted to come into our backyard. We opened the gate and they belined to the swimming pool. They are three weeks and three days today. The ownder of the house wants us to find where and who would relocate the ducklings and their mother. Would anyone happen to be experience in the Duck area. I thought it wise to wait until they can fly that way they would have a chance to fly from predators. Is that a good choice? I am not sure what to do the owner complains and complains about the ducks, even though she let them in. I thought as long as you have made the pool available you might as well finish the job and let them stay until they can fly. I mean all that work for nothing, relocaate them when they can't fly. I need some advise in order to tell the owner they should stay until they are able to fly.

Thank you

Hi budstone and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. I'd get in touch with a wildlife rescue place I think. there's bound to be one somewhere in your location and ask their advice. They'd likely help in the move as they'd know a safe and suitable place.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi Budstone and welcome aboard :)

Are there any ponds nearby where you could relocate them to? Or as Delia mentioned above, call your local Humane Society to see if they would come get them.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I agree with trying to get a bird rehabber to relocate them for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back