• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID bird of prey (1 Viewer)

marcap

France
Hello, this pic was taken January the 7th 2022 in my garden, Aujols (France).
I am uncertain between an Eurasian Sparrowhawk and a Northern Goshawk.
The day before an Eurasian Sparrowhawk was the one that was in my garden but this one looks different and a little bigger.
The pic its not so good, it was very very cloudy.
Thank you.

DSCN8284.JPG

This is a female I think from size , maybe you had a male sparrowhawk previously , whichwould be smaller, and also more colorful in adult plumage ?

What is the prey? Chaffinch?

Hello, here is a pic of the sparrowhawk that was in my garden the day before. It was unable to get any birds.
The prey of the one (first pic) was an Brambling.
In the last days they come often, 2/3 times a day. I got plenty of birds but until now the sparrowhawk was unable to get one.

DSCN8216.JPG

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back