• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID from Feathers? (1 Viewer)

soupdragon10

I'm currently on a rig in the North Sea and we have 2 raptors out here.

The feathers are from something that was eaten by one of them. I was wondering what it might have been? I've seen a few brief glimpses of small possibly greeny/yellow passerines shooting about the place but nothing long enough to get a good idea of what they are (or were in this case)

Too much of a stretch to get an ID from the feathers? From left to right they are 40mm, 38mm & 41mm in length.

On a side note one of the raptors is a Kestrel the other looks a bit too stocky and dark to me to be a Kestrel but hard to get a good look at that bird, seems a little more skittish than the other...similar size to the Kessie though.

Only pair of bins on the rig have a knackered prism after being dropped so they're not much help :(

Attachments

• feathers.jpg
    feathers.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 62
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back