• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID support appreciated. Asian Brown Flycatcher or Dark-sided flycatcher (1 Viewer)

jbpixels

Please ID support. The head shows no brown tones but it has a curvy bill tip. Captured in Krabi town, Thailand in December 2019.

Attachments

• Asian Brown Flycatcher Muscicapa dauurica.JPG
    Asian Brown Flycatcher Muscicapa dauurica.JPG
    228.7 KB · Views: 28
Hi, I don't know about these birds in particular, but just an observer's opinion- asian brown, because of the pale bill-base, curved tip and lack of clear streaking. Fantastic photo by the way!

Hi, I don't know about these birds in particular, but just an observer's opinion- asian brown, because of the pale bill-base, curved tip and lack of clear streaking. Fantastic photo by the way!
Thank you for the id features. Guess you are absolutely right. I already named it Asian brown but I was not 100% sure. Now I am. (y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back