• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

IDhelp - Aruba - 15.12.23 (2 Viewers)

maj.sujan

birdblog.majsujan
Norway
These were photographed at Bubali Bird sanctuary yesterday (15.12.23).
At first I thought the yellow one is a yellow warbler, but the markings around the face made me doubt the ID.
We saw several barn swallows flying over the place, but this one looked different. A quick look at photos in merlin made me think it could be a white winged swallow or blue and white swallow, but I know nothing about birds in this part of the world.

Can anyone help with the IDs?

Attachments

• DSC_0475.jpg
    DSC_0475.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 54
  • DSC_0566.jpg
    DSC_0566.jpg
    823.4 KB · Views: 55
First looks like prairie warbler. Suggest brown-chested martin for the other, although I find it difficult to rule out other (near-) square-tailed species from this photo

Or listen for Sand Martin calls to confirm the ID (called 'Bank Swallow' in the Americas):

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231217-211423_Merlin Bird ID.jpg
    Screenshot_20231217-211423_Merlin Bird ID.jpg
    539.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I went back to Bubali sanctuary several times after last time, no sign of the swallows/martins anymore. Saw some other birds there.
5,6 - Same individual, doesn't look like an yellow warbler to me.
7 - Northern scrub flycatcher?

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18

Users who are viewing this thread