• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

In and around South Staffordshire. (1 Viewer)

Baggeridge today... down to the pools and back through Whites wood, Lydiates Hill and Bag Pool

Bullfinch x 2 male. all the regs including Nuthatches. also got a G.S.Woodpecker on Island Pool. Wonderful Buzzard over Topscope, and best of all the Robins on the path by Island pool on my hand not one but two :-O

Details in my story

http://silver-ether.livejournal.com/

Around and about Worfiled today...

Common Buzzard.
Blue/Great Tits
Mixed flock of Fieldfair/Redwings/ Mistle Thrush.
Canada Geese.
Greylag Geese.
Mallards.
Crows/ Rooks.
Kestral.

Well How nice .... Baggeridge today, through the conservation area, Whites Wood and down as far as Island Pool...

Bullfinch 7/8 just before entering the Con/area and they followed me through for a while.
Long Tailed Tits
Great Tits.
Blue Tits

Green Woodpecker

Both Tawnys were in the roost today
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4020/4327271581_b578e11017.jpg
me need a better zoom ... :-C I really do.
also a lot of Nuthatches and a Jay

Swan and and Mallards on the pools
The path at Island pool was very active with Great/ Blue/Coal Tits. Chaffinches, really healthy Black Birds.

Eat your heart out John look at my little friend.:-O

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4064/4328002886_f50b17e69c.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4047/4327272431_11a599f6c0.jpg

Bag Pool area... this morning a large flock of siskin with a few red poll couple of green finch in there too. Also spotted a song thrush just before leaving the carpark and heading to the pool.

Far side of Saltwells today near to Netherton Church ... not much about but on the pool thats used by the sailing club... can't remember what its called were two Little Grebe:t:

Last edited:
The Whites Wood tawny owl (s) is a real celebrity. I'm hoping to see it (them) on the local news one day!

Saw a female redstart on Highgate Common a couple of days ago.

A pleasant walk around Highgate Common this morning. Willow warbler, yellowhammer, whitethroat all in fine voice.

Now I'm off to see Staffordshire's real finest. Wolverhampton Wanderers. The South Bank.

Had a good day yesterday with a female goshawk in flight over Castlegate, Dudley at 4.38pm. Being stuck in traffic does have its advantages.
Then later fishing on the Staffs/Worcs Canal, saw badgers again. I've added some video footage of them on my blog.
Finally I saw a first - a canal otter. Fishing and otters don't go but as I have feet in both the angling and the naturalist camp I tend to sit on the fence a lot.

A backyard first as I saw a sparrowhawk in hunting-mode flight. I need to do a garden list, I think that's my next project.

Well goodness me ... I know I haven't been here for a looooooong time but that looooooooooooooong ... :eek!:

I hope everyone is well and spotting lots ... I know what your upto John;) but not seen Sedgley around for quite a time ...

I popped over to the Wrensnest today after I had finished painting the hall... and saw blue tits and great tits, a coal tit, spooked a bullfinch and got a gold crest ... then just before hitting the estate to come home a lovley mistle thrush ...so it was worth taking a risk :-O its not that bad over there ...

It's been too long!

Been down Wombourne today, saw a chiffchaff near the sewage works. Also the usual grey wagtail, pied wagtail etc.

And to think this time last week I was watching pintails, little egrets, shelduck, sanderling etc. It's a good job I appreciate all birds for what they are!

Very impressive wildlife list for last week sedgley, and tomorrow both you and I will be watching Wolves;);) Sorry SE couldn't resist it.

Last edited:
What a sad waste of time .. when theres loads of birds to watch ...8-P

I didn't get to walk far as once I was at the Miners Path gate I was stuck ... oh Sedgley it doesn't matter if its exotic or backyard birds ...they are fantastic ... a good number of tits including coal tits but the nuthatches were just so entertaining ... chasing each other and calling out ... I had to keep chasing the squirrels off to give birds a chance the sun on my back and a tawny calling ... not from the woods ;) and you want to go watching silly blokes messing about ... I dunno ... :-O

blogup

http://silver-ether.livejournal.com/

Saw a goshawk from Turls Hill just now. It was a distance bird though in the direction of Penn Common / Baggeridge actually.
Hi Ho Wolverhampton :)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back