• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Infections killing.....species in Monterey County CA USA (1 Viewer)

Oh no, hope the feeders are taken down in sufficient numbers to really help.

It’s very sad, we had this when Greenfinch and Chaffinch populations were severly depleted (by about 50%) with Trichomoniasis, transmitted like wild fire through feeding stations where birds come into close proximity and in contact with contaminated feeders and water. It is why it is crucial to observe good hygiene regimens to ensure birds are always using clean water and clean feeders.

Articles like these, or at least something addressing these issues, ought to be a "sticky" or "pinned" to the top of this subforum.

Thanks.....I appreciate the follow up.

There is!!

It is....!!

I was speaking of the Subforum; Food and Feeder pin or sticky; a little more in-your-face.

It's hard enough getting a location in the ID subforum; that request is right under the header, although not in bold or highlighted in any way.

/r

It is....!!

I was speaking of the Subforum; Food and Feeder pin or sticky; a little more in-your-face.
I guess that’s up to Admin - you could always suggest putting a link to the main sticky from the top of the Food and Feeders forum - it’s certainly a very important issue.

I would say that there has been so much publicity (at least in the UK) about the importance of keeping feeders/water baths clean that if people don’t keep them clean, it’s more a case of laziness or lack of time. No amount of ‘in your face’ will make much more difference in those cases but it doesn’t hurt to keep reminding people.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back