• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Inner Marsh Farm - from the horse's mouth (2 Viewers)

You should still have a good chance to see them either at Inner Marsh Farm but also try Parkgate Old Baths car park and Banks Lane, Heswall.

CB

Saw one ringtail at Parkgate yesterday - made a few passes - I was on the "Donkey Stand" oppo the ice cream shops. Good views of a spoonbill all day too :t:

You can even join on the door if you wish to do so - you even get a free book too! £3 per month to support the work of the RSPB is a bargain.

If you care about birds and are a birder you should join the RSPB before any other organisation.
I am a life fellow:t:

If you care about birds and are a birder you should join the RSPB before any other organisation.
I am a life fellow:t:

Have I met you? If not I want to shake your hand.

Of course its not just birds that we protect - RSPB reserves has water voles, red deer, red squirrel, natterjack toads, all kinds of inverts and plant life too!

Reserve closed today but reports of garganey and willow warbler via the wardens :t:

Hi All

Paid a visit to IMF yesterday with the better half.
Managed to bag quite a list of birds.

The feeding station had the usual suspects plus a Grey Squirrel hanging upside down to get at the seed.

Chiffchaff was heard on the walk down to the hide but could not be located, although we did manage to find a couple of Willow Warblers.

From the hide we managed to pick up
Pintail
Wigeon
Teal
Heron
Little Egret
Buzzard
Sparrow Hawk
Red Shank
Spotted Red Shank (a couple were starting to get their summer plumage coming through)
Ruff
Black Tailed Godwit
Oystercatcher

The male Gargney was found from by the bench after being shown it by a kind lady.
Also saw a couple of Linnets.

Tim.

Monday evening highlights:
1 ringed plover
1 little ringed plover
2 avocet (3 present today)
4 yellow wagtails
1 summer plumage dunlin
2 oystercatcher
1 female marsh harrier
grasshopper reeling behind railway bank near to hide
lots of sedge warblers, whitethroat

This pm:

linnet & whitethroat by bench;
whitethroat & blackcap by boardwalk;
2 avocet on no 1, loads of little egrets;
gadwall on no2

& 2 barnacle goose looky-likeys on no.1!

A few spaces left on the "Behind the scenes" Burton Mere Walk on the 26th June - This is a chance to have a look at how the new section of the reserve will work, what the plans are and what the timescale is - phone 0151 336 to book.

Bird News today -
Spotted Flycactcher at IMF near to car park
Green Woodpecker heard yaffling and then seen along railway embankment

A few spaces left on the "Behind the scenes" Burton Mere Walk on the 26th June - This is a chance to have a look at how the new section of the reserve will work, what the plans are and what the timescale is - phone 0151 336 to book.

Are there some digits missing in that phone number?

CB

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back