• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Intro and Olivon EPs on Pentax Scopes (1 Viewer)

scoutpete

I know...it's a breach of protocol to make my first post and intro here, but this foum area drew me in first so I will both honor and bore all of you Pentax thread users by adding my background to close my first contribution, to follow:

I currently own a good copy of both the PF-ED 65II and 80P and primarily use an SMC XW-14, XW-7, or 20mm Plossl for scouting and casual observation. On the ideal seeing occasion, I'll push an original Burgess TMB 4mm in the 80mm scope with surprisingly 'accetable' results. As most of you know, the 65-EDII is limited, marginally, to the XW-7. So...

...I've been sniffing around for a mid-quality/price zoom for awhile and I'm about to pull the trigger on an Olivon 3x deluxe 8-24mm (China) for about $260. My searches have found nothing from spotter users--here and elsewhere, but a few accolades and no negatives from the astrono-wonks. Any thoughts or comments before I take my chances? Lacking either in short-order response, I will make my move and post my experiences in return for all the knowledge I have gleaned from the esteemed contributors to this Forum. TIA for sharing any advice or experience!

##########

Semi-pro photographer, here, hailing from the Mid-Atlantic states. Most of my work has been in sports with a few projects and assignments in recent years in conservation and social photojournalism/storytelling. When I'm not working my day job (to help pay my daughter's tuition and re: the "semi-pro" designation...) you'll find me in the marshes, refuges, and preserves of Maryland, Delaware, and Virginia behind 14-600mm of Canon glass. Not a "birder" in the pure sense, but I was taught to properly ID and report the "photographed animal." I believe it is akin to basic personal hygeine. |8|| Enough said...

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back