• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Introduction (1 Viewer)

DigiThom

Hello everyone:
Thank you for inviting me into the group. I am a sixty-three-year-old American, living in Scotland for the past year. I have been fond of watching and feeding birds since I was a wee lad back in Michigan, when we always had a large feeder, built by my father, outside our kitchen window. I have no formal or extensive knowledge of the subject however, being essentially a beginner. I am not new to photography however. Having recently seen a group of birders on the cliffs near Stonehaven, I have purchased a spotting scope via Amazon. Being very eager to get out into the field, I look to you good folks for guidance and information.

Respectfully,
Thom

Hi Thom and a warm welcome to you on behalf of the Staff and Moderators.

Keep an eye on the Scottish Bashes 2012 thread. We usually have a few each year and they are all great fun. You'd be most welcome to join us if you can manage.

All things Scottish can be found HERE.

You'll see some wonderful birds at both Montrose Basin and Stonehaven - lucky you being so near. I do hope well be able to see some of your pictures in the Gallery.

D

Hello Thom, and welcome to the forum. Ask away there are always a lot of friendly and helpful people to sort things out.

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back