• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is it possible/advisable for me to adjust the collimation (1 Viewer)

Don't risk it send them back ,say its there fault ,i to had a fault i went looking for some owls left the house looking like george clooney came back looking like marty feldman yes the wind changed

Sammy,
Sorry I apologise.
Yours is an 8 x 20 but the same applies.
My 10 x 25 was obviously a good deal and they are excellent.
I don't have the 8 x 20.

I do think, though, that a good shop deal is a better bet than trying to get a bargain on the internet.
The internet has driven shops out of business to the detriment of all.
In my opinion we are worse off.

There is of course the possibility for someone feeling collimation is bit out with binoculars that the problem is with the persons two eyes not lining up even without optical aid.
This seems unlikely here but a good optician will check if you need a prism correction to line up ones eyes.
Sometimes needed for reading and not distance work.

I found wonder if it's my eyes sometimes. The error is relatively small so it might well be something I can live with, the view still feels very relaxed.

I am due an eye test, might mention it!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back