• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is this CA that I'm seeing? (1 Viewer)

I have a confession to make.

When I tried out the Monarch M7's, I forgot about the diopter.

My eyes are almost the same. I adjust the diopter on my bins just a little bit.

Today I was driving by REI and went in to look at the Nikon M7 8x42 again, but without my Celestrons this time.

This time I looked at the diopter. I saw it was adjusted wrong enough for me to hurt the sharpness. It wasn't way off but enough off. I totally forgot about it the previous time I was there.

I adjusted it, and I could see the view was better. I bought them.

I took the bins out in the back yard, and the difference is even more dramatic when there's no plate-glass store window in the way.

I think the Nature DX are quite good for the money, but I can see the $350 difference now.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back