• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Just wanted to say "Hi" (1 Viewer)

Gee, New Jersey guy, do I know you from somewhere? : ) Glad you got on board, Kevin! Go ahead & post your own "Hi" message. Yeah, it's a bit different from the other place, but you'll adjust, I'm sure!

NCLady said:
Jennifer, I'm just across from you in southeastern NC (Cape Fear region) - maybe that's why we get the same selection of birds that you mentioned. I'm on the coast, so get a lot of sea birds too. My favorite are the pellicans. I'm also new to the board, and it's getting a little confusing moving around. Sure I'll get used to it soon.

Yeah, I think you'll get the hang of it. I'm quite familiar with the NC coast, especially the Outer Banks - been there many times! Hate to cut this short, but I'm late leaving for a seminar; my Mom had perfect timing for calling, & needed e-mail help again..... Talk later!

New Jersey. I like that. <g>

Thanks Jennifer. I like it too so far. So how long have you been into birding. You sound experienced at this.

LOL!

Have you been to the bird ID section yet? Most of the birds listed or pictured are from the UK or other regions of the world; pretty neat seeing some of these species, but of course if it's not a N Amer. bird, I'm not likely to know what it is. Hey, it's an education, for sure!

Looks like I have stumbled across the American sect, it's great hearing about birding from across the pond.

Yep. I have been in the ID section.

That is where I came up with that.

I have been to several sections so far but have only had time to read a few posts.

Last edited:
Andrew said:
Looks like I have stumbled across the American sect, it's great hearing about birding from across the pond.

Hi, Andrew! I agree, it's always interesting hearing about & seeing what birds are being viewed in another region or continent. I hope to find a couple pics to post sometime soon; had a special request for cardinals, & I have pics of those somewhere on disk - just need to find them!

Most of my birding is in my backyard, but it's still a good variety of species. How about you?

Gaye-I'm enjoying taking pictures of birds and other wildlife with my new digital. I'm still learning how to upload to the internet to post pictures. I feel like I need to take a class or something!! LOL
I have some great pics of grey squirrels, mallards and northern cardinals. I'm looking forward to starting my own album.
Jennifer-Thanks for the invitation. I'm really hoping we can go this Spring. My hubby has some work to do on our RV before it will be ready for camping. Our heater has a glitch in it and I'm not about to go camping in the mountains without it!! LOL

An RV, nice, we call em campervans. I reckon they musta been designed first by a birder who wanted to look at a 1:25,000 scale map and see a brook or a rocky outcrop and camp as near as possible to it and check out the feathered friends.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back