• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kerala 2014 - advice needed (1 Viewer)

Afternoon all,

I'm off to Kerala in December, from Kochi working our way south taking in Thattekad, Munnar, the backwaters and so on. Has anybody any good tips for hiring reliable drivers with decent cars? Probably spending 2 - 3 days in each area before moving on, for a total of 3 weeks.

Any other tips much appreciated.

Kalypso Adventures should give you a fair price. We have been with them twice. We had bird guide and driver but they also do driver only.

BTW, a friend who is experienced birder is going to S India in November for 9 days and is looking to share the transport. If anybody is interested, please send me PM.

I am doing the same trip in November. The company I am using supplied the trip through Wild About Travel. I spoke to them at the bird fair and they seem very switched on.

We are getting a car and driver for 2 weeks. We have bought a package of hotels as well recommended by them and tailored to what we want. They may be able to help you with the car etc.

Try contacting Eldhose KV http://www.wildsouthindia.com/

He is a top notch professional bird guide (best of the best) and he offers birding packages which IMHO are incredibly good value for money.

He uses great (safe and professional) drivers, so you can contact him and find out ;)

In the end we booked drivers as and when needed. Some trips were easier using a tuk-tuk as its easy to stop and get out quickly plus they're a lot cheaper. We had a fantastic trip, the Keralans were easy going and helpful and the place is crammed with birds.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back