• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kestrels on Fuerteventura (1 Viewer)

SueO

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I am going through old, old photos and came across some photos on Fuerteventura. I have some distant shots of a Kestrel. Could both Falco tinnunculus and Falco tinnunculus dacotiae be found there? Edit: really crappy cropped photo.

Attachments

• 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    11.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I should have been a little clearer. I did mean I wanted to find if nominate and dacotiae were present. I never listed the bird as anything because I wasn't sure. This was 2008, so I'm just a bit behind organizing things. From what I understand a lot (most?) people don't list races, but I do. I just wondered if by elimination, I could ID it. Thanks Owene, I thought that might be the case, but could find anything definitive.

Last edited:
Hi Richard. I thought of you the other day as I went off on a virtual tour of a few Alps valleys in France. What a beautiful part of the world in which to live!
Sorry Sue I didn’t read your post properly! Yes the Alps are very photogenic, especially this autumn as we’ve had some good rain to keep the mountain pastures green! Getting a bit chilly early mornings though.;)

I will leave things as is. I will leave Kestrel on the Island list, but not put the ssp on my life list for now.

Last edited:
Sorry Sue I didn’t read your post properly! Yes the Alps are very photogenic, especially this autumn as we’ve had some good rain to keep the mountain pastures green! Getting a bit chilly early mornings though.;)
Do you see Wallcreepers near you? I still regret not seeing that bird (also Lammergeier), but I think my travelling days are probably over, so no chance. I need to check in and see the activity on the yard list thread.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back