• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

King's Forest goshawk incident (1 Viewer)

condor1992

Spain
I assume many are aware of this disaster
It appears to me that someone deliberately sought out goshawks to kill. It is either a dangerous maniac with a gun or a dangerous paranoid farmer with a gun. I have taken it particularly badly both because I strongly believe the bird below, which I photographed in March 2022 nearby, is one of the 5 dead goshawks. I really do not have any doubt :cry:
wm_denoise_IMG_1085.JPG
If anyone encounters anyone with guns in Thetford or King's, call the police immediately. A while back I encountered a group of people firing guns right in the forest. They appeared to be airsoft guns, however. They were doing it right on a forest road.
And this is going to get ignored, like all other offences. Unless something changes, this will continue

You possibly missed this story when it was mentioned on here 10 days ago.

Look for a thread called something like "who could possibly do this?"

I assume many are aware of this disaster
It appears to me that someone deliberately sought out goshawks to kill. It is either a dangerous maniac with a gun or a dangerous paranoid farmer with a gun. I have taken it particularly badly both because I strongly believe the bird below, which I photographed in March 2022 nearby, is one of the 5 dead goshawks. I really do not have any doubt :cry:
View attachment 1491379
If anyone encounters anyone with guns in Thetford or King's, call the police immediately. A while back I encountered a group of people firing guns right in the forest. They appeared to be airsoft guns, however. They were doing it right on a forest road.
And this is going to get ignored, like all other offences. Unless something changes, this will continue
An appalling and illegal act, thanks for posting. Pheasant shooting is so messed up.

I don't think the bird in your pic can be one of the dead birds, but regardless its pretty depressing.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back