• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kuhl’s Pipistrelle at Dungeness (1 Viewer)

Looking at the NBN atlas, this is the 4th UK record and the first for Kent

That sounded low to me so I checked the Bat Conservation Trust website which states 10+ records since the first in 1991. The IOW Bat Hospital (which doesn't even acknowledge correspondence from mammal-watchers) has looked after more than one.

https://cdn.bats.org.uk/pdf/About Bats/raritiesvagrants.pdf?mtime=20181105154128&focal=none

One of the problems with mammals generally is that there isn't the recording infrastructure we have in the bird world. I haven't checked yet but The Mammal Society might also have useful information.

John

One of the problems with mammals generally is that there isn't the recording infrastructure we have in the bird world. I haven't checked yet but The Mammal Society might also have useful information.

John

The recent UK Mammal Atlas says there are eight since 2000, with four on Isle of White, two near Colchester, one in Thames Valley and one in Bourne. However, it curiously also says that the species is "regularly recorded along the coast in parts of south-east England in acoustic surveys"

Nick

The recent UK Mammal Atlas says there are eight since 2000, with four on Isle of White, two near Colchester, one in Thames Valley and one in Bourne. However, it curiously also says that the species is "regularly recorded along the coast in parts of south-east England in acoustic surveys"

Nick

There's a lot going on in the dark that we are in the dark about! :t:

John

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back