• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Large number deception (1 Viewer)

PeterPS

Kiribati
FoV=5m/500000m , who doesn't like that?

Attachments

• 530974041_2af19697-089c-4b0d-899e-2788455bb41f.jpg
    530974041_2af19697-089c-4b0d-899e-2788455bb41f.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 29
It is just the weird and wonderful world of wacky markings. There are various threads on such devices.

O how deep the fall of Tasco is. They once sold pretty usable Japanese made binos in the 60's and 70's (maybe slightly beyond) -- in fact one of my favourite 7x35 EWAs ist a Tasco #116. Now they sell "20x21" with 5m/500,000m?

Firstly, a field of 2 arcseconds should be challenging.

One tenth the diameter of Saturn's disc.

Secondly, I doubt it is by Tasco, I think it is probably a fake.

Thirdly, it is likely 8x21 not 20x21.

There should be a Liemeter especially for binoculars.
Electronic of course with a read out list of falsehoods.

Regards,
B.

It probably depends on the laser.

The reflectors left on the Moon by Americans, unless you prefer other theories, were and maybe still are, unless coated by meteorite dust, used to reflect laser beams repeatedly to get an Earth Moon distance to 10cm accuracy.

I don't know how coherent these beams are, but possibly around arcsecond.

I missed a good photo and story and £750 in the 1960s when I saw a strange expanding distant cloud.
It was an American rocket fuel dump at about 40,000 miles distance from memory.
I just could not think what it could be.

Somebody got the photo on the newspaper front page.

Regards,
B.

Allegedly a Bushnell but also claiming to be 30x-380x300. But the best bit is the wording %*$^%RTE%$ Germany. To think those could have been Bushnell's exact words after his attempts to do business with them. Recorded here from his interview (third way down page) with Richard Buchroeder and Peter Abrahams (think we can put Busnell down as a typo there) :

Attachments

• bushnell.jpg
    bushnell.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 15
  • germany.jpg
    germany.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 16
Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back