• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica APO Televid 77 eye-cup (2 Viewers)

Woen

Netherlands
A bit of a long shot but I'm looking for a eye-cup that fits the Leica APO Televid 77 32x WW eyepiece.

OR

An eyepiece for a reasonable price (zoom or 32) that fits the Leica APO Televid 77.

Any help is much appreciated!

Given it has been out of production for a while, I think you're only realistic chance of one is through Leica in Germany or an outside possibility through Gary Hawkins at East Coast Binocular Repairs who used to be a Leica Sports repair technician a good while back.
Perhaps House of Optics in Utrecht may have a contact.

I received a free eye cup after asking Leica U.K for a price. I'm not sure if the current construction is the same as the one you have but I think Leica have realised the design isn't very sturdy and prone to breaking.

I am now in contact with Leica technical support. And in the meantime managed to find a mint condition 32ww eyepiece. So either way I'm good for now. Will sell the other 32ww when it's fixed. Will hope to find a reasonably priced 40ww and a zoom eyepiece someday.

Recently I lost the eyecup off my 20yr old zoom eyepiece after it fell off, it had been loose for a while.
I contacted Leica and asked if it was possible to buy a replacement and sent a photo of the eyepiece.
They replied and said that from the photo it looked like it needed a repair and I should send it to them.
I sent it off and it was returned within a week, repaired with a brand new eyecup and service, free of charge
Fantastic service

Got mail, new part included. I should have been more clear in my description because it's the wrong part but that's on me. Excellent service by Leica!
So how do you call the part that you can twist out of the eye-piece....

Got mail, new part included. I should have been more clear in my description because it's the wrong part but that's on me. Excellent service by Leica!
So how do you call the part that you can twist out of the eye-piece....
That’s why I sent them a photograph to show exactly what the problem was

Users who are viewing this thread

Back