• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch Garten Ospreys (3 Viewers)

The evidence that Henry is back

1. He has a metal ring on his right leg.

2. He has a kink in his eyeband

3. He has a yellow eye

4. EJ "knows him"

5. He is at Loch Garten

Hi Everyone,

Whoopee if it is my fellow Henry what an Easter present. Now I know why the sun has been shining all day.

I don't know whether it is their camera angle, my monitor (or my eyesight is worse) but the nest camera pictures I see are dark the perches are lighter, weird.

Happy Easter to Everybody.

Ann
Their Biggest Fan :D :D :flowers:

Thanks for that Simon. Now we know!! How exciting, but now I'm feeling sorry for Orange.

I had a reply to my short e-mail requesting information, from Ian Peters at Sandy. He says it is a remote area and there aren't the volunteer resources to complete a diary. (Then why start one?) . He - rightly - says that people aren't interested in just reading - Orange VS caught a trout and offered it to EJ etc.. But he doesn't answer my question about which birds. I suppose the Wildlife Advisor has more to think about then a soap opera taking place out in the wilds of Scotland that is keeping hundreds of people glue to the web-cam!

Sandra

I am so glad Henry is back safe and sound, I was getting very frustrated waiting for news I am sure they would have realised at the centre that people where anxious. I'm with you Sandra on the (Why start the Diary) if they don't want to continue updating. The last few years the diary has been great it would be sad if it wasn't continued.

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for the news that's the best Easter present I have ever had.

Sorry I don't think the diary will be updated as frequently now Andrew has gone but we can all live in hope. If you remember the Lake District One has always been irregular and then a few days events posted at once. As you all say Henry and EJ have a worldwide following, hopefully (keeping my fingers crossed) if they start getting emails or snail mail from around the world we may get updates more often. I can't remember the Loch of Lowes having a diary.

Can anyone please tell me if the photos from the nest cam are dark on your PC's I get great shots from the two perches but not the nest, at least I can recognise EJ and if no one has seen Orange VS recently bet he departed as he sensed the "Boss" was back, I hope.

Happy Easter to Everyone. I think I know what we will all be doing during the holiday.

Ann :D :D :D :D :D

Their Biggest Fan

Ann

This is the image I have just got of EJ on the nest considering its nearly dark its clear.

Attachments

• video26.jpg
    video26.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 154
Saphire said:
I am so glad Henry is back safe and sound, I was getting very frustrated waiting for news I am sure they would have realised at the centre that people where anxious. I'm with you Sandra on the (Why start the Diary) if they don't want to continue updating. The last few years the diary has been great it would be sad if it wasn't continued.
Oh the diary will continue ok but it has always had irregular updating.

Sandra (Taylor) said:
Thanks for that Simon. Now we know!! How exciting, but now I'm feeling sorry for Orange.

I had a reply to my short e-mail requesting information, from Ian Peters at Sandy. He says it is a remote area and there aren't the volunteer resources to complete a diary. (Then why start one?) . He - rightly - says that people aren't interested in just reading - Orange VS caught a trout and offered it to EJ etc.. But he doesn't answer my question about which birds. I suppose the Wildlife Advisor has more to think about then a soap opera taking place out in the wilds of Scotland that is keeping hundreds of people glue to the web-cam!

Sandra
Well perhaps we should offer to donate to RSPB to keep the diary updated.

Hi Christine,

Thanks, that's what mine looked like too so it is just me and the pictures will get better as the weather improves and days get longer. It is lovely to switch on and see them back again.

I will donate too, can I be the secretary (ha ha the diary would be pages long you wouldn't miss any action and I mean any). Just make sure I have the perfect scope etc. and I could sit there for ever (well as long as they are home of course).

Bye and thanks to Everyone for keeping me updated.

Ann :D :D :D :D

Anne asked me to post this picture of the happy couple.

BTW to upload apicture just use the manage attachment button.

Attachments

• osprey0017.jpg
    osprey0017.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 151
Diary updated at last

Just noticed the diary has now been updated. There was a 3hr aerial battle between VS and Henry.

Our man won of course!!

Come on you two do your stuff. :hi:

Paul

EJ hasn't left the nest much today and is now really snuggled down in the nest, its possible she may be about to lay her first egg.

Attachments

• video28.jpg
    video28.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 168
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back