• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch of the Lowes Ospreys 2009 (1 Viewer)

I think it'll be the thunder that has put the link out, Ann.

We've had some cracking storms since lunch-time and, although the sun's making an effort here just now, it looks awful black over by Dunkeld!

D

Good morning...the nest is empty...?

Yes!! Wee left 8.07 Finnish time:)), here 6.07. Wee said joyfully, tjop!!

Last edited:
Good morning...the nest is empty...?

Yes!! Wee left 8.07 Finnish time:)), here 6.07. Wee said joyfully, tjop!!
Good Morning Elanor great news an empty nest. Thought Wee Eck was thinking about it at Midnight our time as he/she was looking out from the edge. Must be hard being left on your own watching your sibling enjoying flight.

Hi, Cosworthlady:)

The life goes very well on the Marges empire:))

But I have to ask, are there in LOL white-tailed eagels or eagle owl, the only threats for ospreys at least in Finland?

Hi, Cosworthlady:)

The life goes very well on the Marges empire:))

But I have to ask, are there in LOL white-tailed eagels or eagle owl, the only threats for ospreys at least in Finland?

JHi Elanor.

I have never heard of an eagle owl mentioned by anyone so i presume not.

A white tail sea eagle youngster was seen last year but nothing came of it. I had no idea that they preyed on Ospreys. in fact I thought they could live side by side harmoniously as they hunted in different ways. Just shows you how wrong you can be. d;)

Hi;)

What is the expression to that age, when you are asking all the time?
I am in tha age now:-O

Is it possible that Oor can catch fish..it seem so...but, if yes, then it is precocious?;) And is that possible?

Hi;)

What is the expression to that age, when you are asking all the time?
I am in tha age now:-O

Is it possible that Oor can catch fish..it seem so...but, if yes, then it is precocious?;) And is that possible?

I wondered myself if he could catch fish because it seemed as if he appeared with one by himself a few hours ago. Surely not though.

Can anyone help us out with an answer?

Cheers

PS Elanor i have been that age for a long time ha ha ha

Hi all
Can anyone tell me as been in Italy the last week and was not near a computer
I know both chicks have fledged but as there as only been Oor Wullie & Marge in the nest since I came back today Has Wee Eck been seen since he 1st fledged
Elf

Hi Folks,

I notice Marge still wants to feed her chicks and am sure she likes being mum, the longer she feeds them the longer they need her.

Can hear them all on or around the tree and I can see Marge's tail as she sits on her usual perch.

Ann :egghead::t:
The Osprey Godmother

LOTL.jpg
Hi All
Was along at the LOTL today and this is what I saw. Really sad to see the empty nest but good in another way as means successful breeding season for Marge and Homeric
By way of consolation Marge turned up at the nest later

Elf

Hi Elf :)

Like you said sad but glad all at once. I think they have excelled themselves this year. 3 successful hatchings with healthy chicks only for mother nature to come down hard on them with the rotten weather and caused the loss of fat Boab.

When do you think she will leave. She left early last year. Want to get up next week if at all possible to catch a glimpse of her before she heads off.

Hi Elf :)

Like you said sad but glad all at once. I think they have excelled themselves this year. 3 successful hatchings with healthy chicks only for mother nature to come down hard on them with the rotten weather and caused the loss of fat Boab.

When do you think she will leave. She left early last year. Want to get up next week if at all possible to catch a glimpse of her before she heads off.

Hi Ann

Yes if you can I would head up soon as I think she will go beginning Aug as chicks are needing her less & less now I was more happy with her yesterday as she looked much better than the last time I was there 2 weeeks ago

!cid_Photo_0143.jpg
Marge, She's lovely !!

Elf

I have not managed to take my 80+ parents up there yet this year as we were all down South for a family 'do'. They do enjoy the run and seeing the birds live if possible. Guess I better try this weekend as well, summers seem to disappear faster since starting Osprey watches or is that just age?

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back