• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch of The Lowes Ospreys 2010 (2 Viewers)

Thanks so much for the confirmation Delia, I have wept buckets this weekend, and may still weep some more - but for now I am just enjoying it

I have been really strong throughout all of this and have tried to raise everyone's spirits on here but now I am emotional

I have hope now which is worrying

Fish arrived - and over like a shot!

Ooops spoke to soon - but she was still over like a shot!!!

Oh to hear those dulcet tones again!!! Hurry up with the fish Dad (yeah I know you call him Frank, but to me the last few days he has earned Dad :))

Last edited:
Thanks Hel. Read that, it was interesting.
Do you think botulism is a possibility? It has been suggested and the symptoms fit.

That word popped into my head yesterday Daisy and I kept wondering if it could be that or Lyme's disease, her symptoms could have fitted either of them. The team seemed so sure it was a stroke/old age though so I went with their judgement. Wild animals have a much stronger immune system than we puny humans do - all those millenia of soft living lol

Completely gobsmacked, she's standing on that nest completely normally as if nothing has been wrong - can't wait for the next fish to come in and see what happens ... will she feed the chicks and herself? She certainly looks up for it now!!!
She is one amazing bird Hel :)

I've managed to get on the blog, but no comments since 6.34pm, and its quite a comment:

Lorna says:
June 21, 2010 at 6:34 pm

18. 26. Oh my god, is that Lady on the perch?. The doorbell went and I have just got back. Oh my, she looks as if she is getting ready to fly. Oh god she`s flown off. If she cant see, what is going to happen now? Been trying to submit this since 18.28, so must be a big surge of bloggers seeing and asking same question.

Amazing just got back on on my PC as opposed laptop (in the living room) and got on. She is calling and the little uns fighting over small fish. Incredible but it sure looks like a recovery is well under way. Hope he brings another soon.

I've managed to get on the blog, but no comments since 6.34pm, and its quite a comment:

Lorna says:
June 21, 2010 at 6:34 pm

18. 26. Oh my god, is that Lady on the perch?. The doorbell went and I have just got back. Oh my, she looks as if she is getting ready to fly. Oh god she`s flown off. If she cant see, what is going to happen now? Been trying to submit this since 18.28, so must be a big surge of bloggers seeing and asking same question.

Thanks for that, I still can't get on...wish I had seen it though. I am so frightened about getting my hopes up, she needs to eat but at least we know she can rehydrate now

Amazing just got back on on my PC as opposed laptop (in the living room) and got on. She is calling and the little uns fighting over small fish. Incredible but it sure looks like a recovery is well under way. Hope he brings another soon.

shhhhhhhhh...I am scared to think that

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back