• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch of The Lowes Ospreys 2010 (3 Viewers)

As soon as I got in from work I got the webcam on, and I saw her perched at the edge of the nest, surveying the loch. She stretched her wings a few times, then all of sudden she took flight. The webcam swung round but couldn't find her. I went for my tea and watched Reporting Scotland, to see Peter being interviewed in the hide, whilst she was taking a drink from the lochside!

As soon as I got in from work I got the webcam on, and I saw her perched at the edge of the nest, surveying the loch. She stretched her wings a few times, then all of sudden she took flight. The webcam swung round but couldn't find her. I went for my tea and watched Reporting Scotland, to see Peter being interviewed in the hide, whilst she was taking a drink from the lochside!

Fantastic stuff! She timed that perfectly didn't she? :)

Fantastic stuff! She timed that perfectly didn't she? :)

Couldn't have been better for me! I was dumbstruck watching her. I had a fear that she left the nest to go somewhere to pass away, away from the nest. Thankfully she went for a drink and soon returned.

Update from Peter:

Our web blog is down at the moment. We are working hard to fix the problem. My apologies to all who are watching the camera and reading the blog. I will try to keep you updated through this page. The Lady is proving to be a very tuff old bird and amazing to watch but I don’t think she is out of the woods yet. She flew off the nest earlier and glided to the edge of the Loch. She then took four drinks of water then flew back up to the nest. She did have difficulty in finding the nest. She looked quite disorientated. She has been back there now for over an hour and has been food calling. The male came in with a very small pike a short while ago. He left it for the chicks to fight over. After they finished the pike (which Mum showed no interest in) Mum moved to look down through the sticks in the side of the nest as if she was urging the chicks to look. They did and one of them pulled out a very small fish that had been lodged in there somehow. Just amazing! Peter

Feel like geting back to normal coversation now - lot of chick movement and wing flapping going on building their strength now settling down but is it them doing the calling now?

Edit guess Peter just answered that.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back