• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch of The Lowes Ospreys 2010 (4 Viewers)

What great timing for Frank to bring in two fish in double quick time. Heart warming stuff.TS

I think he was obeying the commands of both Marge and the chicks the noise was awesome prior to his return. However as the master of what has been the biggest crisis we have seen watching this nest he has shown how quickly they can respond. I would say he has shown better instinct at what was required of him than say the kestrel father on Springwatch whose mate was killed who continued to supply food but did not help the chicks to feed.

marge should be the only contender for mother of the year (having not fed for 3 days and knocking on deaths door) she still feeds the chicks before herself!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok ok ok Frank is FANTASTIC. He has more than likely saved the chicks lives this weekend but he's also helped Marge by taking over her duties for the past few days. He's still as daft as a brush but hay ho no one is perfect. Except Marge.

I am off for a break now...phew, feel knackered and wrung out after all that :)
Agree cannot believe how emotionally exhausting watchimg this is. Linda said my mood was terrible (i deny this of course) all weekend and I have stayed away all night again so I guess I better quit now as well.

I quit for a while, but couldn't resist coming back. I presume thats the female still on the nest feeding the chicks?

Well I didn't sleep last night with worry, and now tonight I'm so happy that I don't think I'll sleep either!

I will need to log on first thing in the morning now to see if she is fully back to herself again.

For those watching my flickr, i have a few updates ( sadly no more Osprey ) but some nice GSW and Redpoll--as ever click pic then all sizes tab for best view.

did anybody notice when marge walked across the nest her feathers around her vent are all matted together???

is that her rear end? I thought it looked like something was stuck to it earlier. I put it down to maybe pooing herself on the nest. :-(. If not what is a vent?

is that her rear end? I thought it looked like something was stuck to it earlier. I put it down to maybe pooing herself on the nest. :-(. If not what is a vent?

yes her rear end ann, ive noticed she keeps trying to clear it. hope if strong enough tomorrow she might have a bathe in the loch and free it

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back