• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch of The Lowes Ospreys 2010 (4 Viewers)

Thanks for the updates. I can't view the cam at work, but can read this forum on my phone.

She's probs still weak...she's had a long wait for brekkie today. Hopefully with some food in her, she'll perk up. The sun must be strong, so she'll need to rehydrate a lot.

Thanks for the updates everyone, it's tough not being able to watch today, Ann she is bound to be weak so don't worry too much. She only started eating last night and had nothing since about 11pm last night till 100am this morning.

She will be dehydrated and her fat reserves will be very low, as long as she is eating everything will be fine

Cartman, yeah, its well harsh not being able to see the webcam. I'm in the same boat. This forum and the Lowes blog are keeping me informed, thanks everyone.

its all peaceful at the nest. There was an intruder, marge mantled and i.m sure i heard our helium hero frank chirping in the distance. A shadow went over the nest and it was clearly a big bird. Mum went for a short fly around and i.m pretty sure they followed her and she washed her feet in front of the hides. Drama queen lol.

sorry john. Cross posted. She definitely got a good munch. She's been scavenging around the nest picking up scraps of fish. But as i say she.s standing proud by her babies just now.

sorry john. Cross posted. She definitely got a good munch. She's been scavenging around the nest picking up scraps of fish. But as i say she.s standing proud by her babies just now.

Thanks Ann, she just needs to eat small but regular and she will hopefully pick up a bit every day

chicks not starving but eating just cos its there. She's still not got much pull and twist but enough to pick bits off. Little and often. :)

I can't believe whathas happened over the last few days, at times on saturday I thought she had died and then to recover last night like she did is amazing, I know I am keep harping on about but I still can't believe it.

If she keeps on improving like this my next worry will be migration, I hope she stays in Scotland for th winter, it has been known to happen before, I am sure Roy Dennis reported an Osprey overwintering in the UK last year

I can't believe whathas happened over the last few days, at times on saturday I thought she had died and then to recover last night like she did is amazing, I know I am keep harping on about but I still can't believe it.

If she keeps on improving like this my next worry will be migration, I hope she stays in Scotland for th winter, it has been known to happen before, I am sure Roy Dennis reported an Osprey overwintering in the UK last year

the only problem with that is the loch was frozen solid for a week or two. I think she only goes to spain or france which is still far away but not as far as africa. She may just stay around a bit longer before heading south. She is always an early leaver.

the only problem with that is the loch was frozen solid for a week or two. I think she only goes to spain or france which is still far away but not as far as africa. She may just stay around a bit longer before heading south. She is always an early leaver.

she won't be an early leaver this time, she could just move down to my house as I have a fully stocked Koi pond ;-)

We are getting ahead of ourselves anyway lol

Can some of the seasoned watchers answer a couple of questions please. What time of year does this female tend to leave Scotland to migrate, and the other is - if this situation had happened last year, when she had her usually mate, how do you think he would have reacted to the situation.

I must admit last night when she took off - I felt so proud of her. She, and she alone had made the decision, and no matter what the outcome would have been it was her choice which I really admired. I wish her well as much as anyone, but I am mindful of the old saying 'be careful what you wish for' - All I want is, whatever is best for this magnificent Osprey

just going for 40 winks. I.ll keep the webcam and speakers on next to my bed so i.ll waken if our young man brings in our shopping. Everything is good on the nest.

Can some of the seasoned watchers answer a couple of questions please. What time of year does this female tend to leave Scotland to migrate, and the other is - if this situation had happened last year, when she had her usually mate, how do you think he would have reacted to the situation.

I must admit last night when she took off - I felt so proud of her. She, and she alone had made the decision, and no matter what the outcome would have been it was her choice which I really admired. I wish her well as much as anyone, but I am mindful of the old saying 'be careful what you wish for' - All I want is, whatever is best for this magnificent Osprey

Hi Sally

It is my understanding that the female leaves soon after the young have fledged, the male continuing to help them for a few more weeks.

Could be wrong though LOL

She'd trained her previous partner well, I think he would have managed too.

D

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back