• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch of The Lowes Ospreys 2010 (4 Viewers)

Morning All - Lovely to see all is well with 'our family' today. Just out of interest, does anyone know if the LOTL blog will be finishing this year. I ask this because of them asking people to sign up to FB.

Delia a far more suitable for a toast as it is local, not one I am aware of but may seek the 'lovely setting' out when up that neck of the woods end July.

Here you go Tom... Map, it's up above Pitlochry.

If you scroll to the right, you'll find various lochs where I've seen R-t Divers and there's a few Osprey nests up there too.

D

the blog won't finish. It only started this year. The fb page is an extention of the blog. They've been surprised by how its taken off methinks. I.ve just volunteered to be a mod on it and its a serious offer.

I'm not surprised that they are shocked Ann, and I can understand that it must take up a lot of time. However, I am not a lover of FB. As far as I know it is self regulating, and in my experience anything goes. I just feel that the community spirit both on the Diary and on here will be lost and I would hate that. Wonder if they have considered a forum site just for the Ospreys. I dont think forums cost mega bucks to run, and that said, I am sure they would be able to get a 'host' to donate the site free of charge. A lot of the Car Marque forums have been given free host sites.

Its not that I am being a fuddie duddie, its just my experience of FB has been a particularly good one, and not everyone that joins in has 'like mind' interests. I could be wrong of course.

I'm not surprised that they are shocked Ann, and I can understand that it must take up a lot of time. However, I am not a lover of FB. As far as I know it is self regulating, and in my experience anything goes. I just feel that the community spirit both on the Diary and on here will be lost and I would hate that. Wonder if they have considered a forum site just for the Ospreys. I dont think forums cost mega bucks to run, and that said, I am sure they would be able to get a 'host' to donate the site free of charge. A lot of the Car Marque forums have been given free host sites.

Its not that I am being a fuddie duddie, its just my experience of FB has been a particularly good one, and not everyone that joins in has 'like mind' interests. I could be wrong of course.

The community spirit will not be lost on here SHP, we will always be here

i think there are loads ofofofofofofof blogs out there already and even if they did start one similar to this they would still need it moderated. If the blog can be moderated after hours it'll work just fine. Maybe next year it will change.

The community spirit will not be lost on here SHP, we will always be here
I agree with you Cartman, I dont think this forum will change at all - its just all the updates presumably will be on FB and people will be left with no choice other than to go and for the latest news - but of course, once having read it, they can sign out again. Its one of those - suck it and see scenarios

they've said they won't swap over to facebook. The facebook page has been there for a long time just not used much. Fiona has facebook and it'll suit the younger osprey fans easier. They won't close the blog to go to facebook instead. Besides bf will always be here. I also post on the loch garten bloggers on facebook which has an active discussion thread on lotl on it. I also occasionally post on Tigers delphi forum but i.ve not been able to connect on my phone for weeks. Its a very good forum too. We're spoiled for choice lol

We totally live in a media frenzied world don't we? So many choices of where to get information from, which is no bad thing. I'm not and will never be a Facebook user for personal reasons, so will continue to read and contribute to this thread on here, which has been so mega-useful over the last week's events. In fact it became my no.1 choice when the blog was down, and BF so far hasn't let me down.

I'm happy again now - Well I dont know about up there, but it absolutely roasting down here - just glad the event of last week wasn't in heat like this. Dont know if even our Wonder Lady would have been able to cope with that.

I'm happy again now - Well I dont know about up there, but it absolutely roasting down here - just glad the event of last week wasn't in heat like this. Dont know if even our Wonder Lady would have been able to cope with that.

Its not sunny here, but quite warm. It looks quite cloudy on the webcam as well. Hopefully the sun will break through later on at some point! Lady seems to be surveying the weather too!!

last saturday and sunday was was really warm up here last week. Edinburgh was the hottest place in the uk. I think the heat was rubbish for Marge but the chicks benefited from it for sure. Btw i come to bf first usually too.

Its not sunny here, but quite warm. It looks quite cloudy on the webcam as well. Hopefully the sun will break through later on at some point! Lady seems to be surveying the weather too!!

btw i.ve got LBBG's nesting in my street yet again. Can only see 1 chick so i presume she had more but they perished. I usually rescue a couple of chicks every year but i.ve not been handed any yet so far. Touch wood.

What is going on with the shots of the hide this morning?!?

there is a screen in the big hide and its fun to see yourself especially if its children. Rinchen will also be demonstrating how he operates the camera. Sometimes he zooms in on other wild fowl chicks in front of the hide. When i was there he was checking for cygnets that were being hunted by the pike. :-(

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back