• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch of The Lowes Ospreys 2010 (2 Viewers)

haha daisy they've got us all going this year. Its cos the camera has been blown over to the right and we can't see the left hand side of the nest where one of the chicks likes to sit.

just watching the horror movie now with the bums with faces. I.m a wee bit concerned for the smallest one. Will keep watching and come back to say if its ok.

just watching the horror movie now with the bums with faces. I.m a wee bit concerned for the smallest one. Will keep watching and come back to say if its ok.

I saw that one just got fed a minute ago and the adult waited until the one it wanted was in front of it. So it looked like it wanted to feed one in particular, but I (1) couldn't tell if it's the youngest one and (2) now I can't tell which one it was!! I know the youngest has 2 rings on each leg but it's hard to see! I won't be able to tell if the next one that gets fed is a different one from the one that just got fed... :-C

OK, another meal just delivered but again I can't tell if one got both, and it didn't look like the smallest one got it this time, I just can't tell though.

its bedlam in there at feeding time!! Not so concerned now as they.re all being as crazy as ever. Have you seen them trying to jump up through the hole yet? Thats gonna be a scream. Lol. I didn't realise they were ringed. I had just thought they had ankles like mine and all lumpy lol. Next year we have to give this web cam their own thread. There's a few on the blog who watch it too.

They just got ringed on 9 July and they each have a different number of rings of 2 different types but some are blue and last time I looked, the cam is not in colour and the chicks' legs are so fuzzy (at least for now) that it's hard to see the rings.

Well I never, returned from a very pleasant evening (into morning) night out (almost sober or not...) to see some controversy over fledge. Well tiger agree this film looked like a flight to me (abeit through misty eyes) and therefore the grand virtual Haggis Stovies must go to Marjorie on Saturday evening to be washed down with the non virtual Laphroig but I may change my mind when I read this site again sober tomorrow!

I don't know, Tom! This looks exactly like what I mistook for a flight by a chick on Friday evening, and the chick was just off camera on the side of the nest. In this clip, you can see mom fly away but I don't see any chick flying away in that direction beforehand... I can't see any video of the chick actually flying; can you? And so many times, they just are hopping to the side of the nest that's off camera. I am sure everyone is being honest in what they think they are seeing (as I was!) but since I was fooled once myself, I think this might not be a flight quite yet! We needed this clip taken from Cam2 rather than Cam1 in order to see whether it was really a flight. I may need a wee dram of Laphroaig just to get through this suspense!

Last edited:
Sounds like it's raining buckets on the osprey babes and I can see lots of raindrops falling, oh what a drenching night they're having! Miserable.

I saw that too Nick!!! Amazing!! It flew off at 9.10 and Marge flew back immediately after onto her perch.
It did a fly past the nest at 9.13 and landed back on the nest at 9.14!! Great landing!!

Where is Ann?? I hope she saw it.

Alison

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back