• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Log Books/Note Books (1 Viewer)

I use a rite in the rain book. It's full of very awkward handwriting and places where my pen quit working and I had to scribble... If I forget the notebook sometimes I make sighting notes on my ipod touch instead. I am kind of really horrible at writing everything down, though, and often end up bringing home half of my list for the day in photographs or my head...

Many years ago I seem to remember that there were birding templates with the main feather tracts outlined which enabled a birder to fill in the salient points that he wanted to record, (kind of paint by numbers). The pages were Filofax size approximately 7x4 inches.
It would be very handy for someone to reinvent such an aid. The outlines could be for Duck, Wader, Warbler type bird etc.
The birder would turn into a competent artist overnight.

Many years ago I seem to remember that there were birding templates with the main feather tracts outlined which enabled a birder to fill in the salient points that he wanted to record, (kind of paint by numbers). The pages were Filofax size approximately 7x4 inches.
It would be very handy for someone to reinvent such an aid. The outlines could be for Duck, Wader, Warbler type bird etc.
The birder would turn into a competent artist overnight.

I think Bill Oddie used to draw outlines of birds to fill in however he had to write 'NB This was actually a duck' etc :t:

I just use an A4 notebook and keep it like a diary. I record time, weather, location, route etc and write about the birds. This way I'll remember the trips in the future instead of just seeing a list of birds seen.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back