• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Looking for somewhere different in the NE (1 Viewer)

SPF

Dear all,
I normally go to Low Barns, Salthome and Teesmouth. I was wondering if anyone could recommend somewhere different, in the Durham, Northumberland or Teeside area.

I've a five year old who likes being out and about, unless it's 'freezing'. Somewhere with either feeding stations or waterfowl/waders for the bairn to see.

Kind regards

What about Druridge Bay? Hauxley Nature reserve would suit your bairn, with hides and a feeding station.

Read more about the area here: Druridge Bay - BirdForum Opus
We had a great day; thanks for the recommendation.

The cafe was great and it had excellent views of the waterfowl. We saw plenty of wildlife (over 30 different types of bird).

The feeding station at the Skua Hide was excellent, it included two monster rats at the bottom of the hill.

It took us about 3 hours to do the mile walk and the cafe. The bairn loved it.

Thanks once again

Oh I'm so pleased for you. Never easy to really engage a wee one for a day, is it.

Guessing you'll be going back again one day LOL

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back