• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Marsh Harrier or Buzzard (1 Viewer)

I have recently had a quick trip to Norfolk. On my trips on the Railway we saw quick a few Marsh Harriers at low level but not when i was in a position to get a shot. I did catch some birds which i presumed were Buzzard as we see plenty round here, now i`m not so sure. Apology's for the photos but i am still learning if anyone can identify these i would really appreciate it.
I think 1 is a Buzzard,2 is a Marsh Harrier and 3 Sparrowhawk.
Jon

Attachments

• Bird 1A.JPG
    Bird 1A.JPG
    348.1 KB · Views: 186
  • Bird1B.JPG
    Bird1B.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 168
  • Bird 2A.JPG
    Bird 2A.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 131
  • Bird 2 B.JPG
    Bird 2 B.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 113
  • Bird 3 A.JPG
    Bird 3 A.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 298
1,2,3, and 4 are all Buzzard. 5 and 6 Sparrowhawk.

Thanks, i did think the first two birds were Buzzards at first look and they were classic Buzzard flight pattens , i never noticed the sparrowhawk at the time due to the height. I was too busy looking at the other soaring birds which were also Buzzards.
I was surprised to see as many Buzzards in the Norfolk marshes, and equally surprised to see a Peregrine above the marshes catching flys.
Jon

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back