• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

middleton lakes 18th April (1 Viewer)

Hi John, How did Marsh Lane do?
Our list, 1 Gt C Grebe, 2 Cormorant, 3 Grey Heron, 4 Mute Swan, 5 Greylag, 6 Canada Goose, 7 Shelduck, 8 Gadwall, 9 Teal, 10 Mallard, 11 Shoveler, 12 Tufted Duck, 13 Buzzard, 14 Kestrel, 15 Hobby, 16 Pheasant, 17 Grey Partridge, 18 Moorhen, 19 Coot, 20 Oystercatcher, 21 Sanderling, 22 LRP, 23 Ringed Plover, 24 Grey Plover, 25 Lapwing, 26 Dunlin, 27 Redshank, 28 Greenshank, 29 Whimbrel, 30 Curlew, 31 Common Sand, 32 BH Gull, 33 Med Gull, 34 LBB Gull, 35 Herring Gull, 36 Common Tern, 37 Black Tern, 38 Stock Dove, 39 Woodpigeon, 40 Collared Dove, 41 Cuckoo, 42 Swift, 43 Kingfisher, 44 Green Woodie, 45 GS Woodie, 46 Skylark, 47 Sand Martin, 48 Swallow, 49 House Martin, 50 Yellow Wag, 51 Pied Wag, 52 Wren, 53 Dunnock, 54 Robin, 55 Blackbird, 56 Song Thrush, 57 Mistle Thrush, 58 Cetti's Warbler, 59 Gropper, 60 Sedge Warbler, 61 Reed Warbler, 62 Lesser Whitethroat, 63 Whitethroat, 64 Garden Warbler, 65 Blackcap, 66 Chiffchaff, 67 Willow Warbler, 68 Goldcrest, 69 Long t Tit, 70 Coal Tit, 71 Blue Tit, 72 Gt Tit, 73 Treecreeper, 74 Magpie, 75 Jackdaw, 76 Rook, 77 Crow, 78 Raven, 79 Starling, 80 House Sparrow, 81 Chaffinch, 82 Goldfinch, 83 Linnet, 84 Bullfinch, 85 Yellowhammer, 86 Reed Bunting. 87 Jay a late entry.
Note,we didn't include Feral Pigeon, but mainly because we didn't see any.
Geoff
I have since learnt that Sparrowhawk and Greenfinch were seen on the reserve on the all dayer by Pete Burton and Stuart Chatwin so that puts the daylist up to 89 species, I wonder did anyone see Feral Pigeon?

It appears there has been a fair movement of waders through today, this afternoon I saw 9 Dunlin, 8 Ringed Plover and 2 Blackwit but on TVB, Curlew Sand, Sanderling and 30+ Ringed Plover have also been seen.

RSPB Middleton lakes, Drayton Bassett pits section North pit 12/5/11 Black-tailed Godwit, Curlew Sandpiper moulting to summer plumage with 4 Dunlin, 5 Ringed plover spread.
At 4:52 p.m a Dunlin and 7 Ringed Plover landed for a second then flew NW 4:54 p.m 10 Dunlin circled before flying NW. A count of 32 Gadwall noted.
Later JKLA, SLC, John Fincham Male Garganey, 2 Black-tailed Godwit, Sanderling, 30 Ringed Plover.

John Harris

Is Middleton Lakes open to the public now? I.e. can I park on the reserve car park or would I have to park else where and walk in? If I have to park else where, where is the best place to do so and how do I get there?

Thanks in advance.

Adam

Is Middleton Lakes open to the public now? I.e. can I park on the reserve car park or would I have to park else where and walk in? If I have to park else where, where is the best place to do so and how do I get there?

Thanks in advance.

Adam
The reserve was officially opened tonight by the volunteers cutting a ribbon. The car park was open but I'm not sure if it will be open every day.
If you go to the RSPB website and look under M in the reserves list you will find much info about Middleton Lakes.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back