• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Minolta Activa 10X42D WPXL - a very pleasant surprise (1 Viewer)

Bowman

Just recently I got my new Minolta Activa 10X42D WPXL in eBay for 127US$.
It was kind of compromise for me in between before I will have some spare money for binoculars from one of the big names (Zeiss-Leica-Swarovski).
Well, the new binoculars are here and they are a great positive surprise - crystal clear, great image, very well built, light, great feeling and very pleasant to use. They come with 25 years warranty. Truing to compare it to a friend's Nikon Monarch 10X42 it appeared, for both of us, as better.
As things seems now I might keep it for a long time.
Just as a reminder, Minolta closed down their consumer business (cameras, sports optics) and this is bargain times to get binoculars, as long as stock lasts, for low prices.
Just wanted to share this and to hear comments with others.

Attachments

• km10x42wpxl_1_700pix.jpg
    km10x42wpxl_1_700pix.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 169
Minolta is pretty much out of the binoculars game as you said, but if you can still find any of their products they are worth a look. I like their 8x25 comapcts.

Happy 25 year birding!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back