• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Moderator (1 Viewer)

Labarbara75

United States
Hello my name is LaBarbara I am 47 years old and I want to be a moderator so bad. I am on social media all day everyday and I know what is appropriate and what is and I already know how it's done. Can someone please point me in the right direction for entry level moderators. Thanks in advance.

Welcome aboard LaBarbara from BirdForum !! Most of the mods have several years as members before they are considered for moderation. So you've got some time to prove yourself ;)

Hi, and welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and the moderators. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. As KC said most of us mods were on the forum for quite a while before being asked if we wanted to take up the mantle.

Hello and welcome to BirdForum! Not sure about moderating, but you could start editing Opus if that's what interests you. Have a look here: BirdForum Opus, to see how it works (it's similar to Wikipedia and other wikis), and let us know.

EDIT: Unfortunately, I don't think that has much to do with moderatorship, but it's also a way of helping maintain the forum.

Last edited:
Hi LaBarbara and a warm welcome to you from me too. Yes, KC is correct in what she says. Admin need to be sure of someone's attitude etc before selecting them.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news and what birds you see when out and about.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back