• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Moray birding (1 Viewer)

Great Grey Shrike

The Great Grey Shrike is back in the vicinity of Clashindarroch Forest car park.
NJ 429268

It's so damn close to being in Moray that I thought I'd put it in here as well.

Fiona

Now that is close! Once you have finished with it can you chivvy is gently across the boundry line ;-)

Thanks for reporting on this thread Fiona.

Dave

8 male pochard on the loch with them a possible Scaup -greyish body-upper bill very white not with tufties of goldeneyes.

Approx 40 Goldeneye male and females in lagoon at Kingston.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reasonable sized flock of Goldfinch, Chaffinch, and siskin on feeders at Conicavel, also a gardens first - Lesser Redpoll! A single bird feeding on silver birch tree's did not visit feeders.

Just outside area but at least 6 Greenland white fronted geese in fields across from the Highland Food Shop on the A96. Mixed flock of Grelags and Pinkers, but not close enough to pick up ant Beans, but you never know!

Also new garden bird today, 3 Red legged Partridge in Conicavel!!

Whooper flock

Near Urquhart ,Elgin .

Attachments

• IMG_8268 (Small).JPG
    IMG_8268 (Small).JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_8276 (Small).JPG
    IMG_8276 (Small).JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 82
Not much happening in the area at present :-(

King Eider reported off Burghead today, Sunday 11 Dec 2011.

Dave

Hi Moray birdwatchers, im new to this forum. I do most of my birdwatching down at lossie estuary...great place, and today my wife and i spotted a female pintail, a 1st for me.

Hi DTMain, welcome to BF and the Moray Thread, good to see a new contributor! Please feel free to add comments or post questions. Are you new to the area?

King Eider still at Burghead and Red Necked Grebe also reported.

Regards

Dave

Hi DTMain, welcome to BF and the Moray Thread, good to see a new contributor! Please feel free to add comments or post questions. Are you new to the area?

King Eider still at Burghead and Red Necked Grebe also reported.

Regards

Dave

No Dave ive been in this area all my life but just recently got back into serious bird watching again. I have always been one but now i travel around the area and sometimes beyond. I have also started photography in the last year and im loving it, its a great excuse to get out there and photograph some wildlife.

Dave

King Eider off point at Burghead.
Velvet and Common Scoter Burghead.
At least four Crested Tit in Lossie woods, all heard but none seen!
4 Purple Sands at Lossiemouth Harbour.
Female Scaup at Loch Spynie.

It was later this afternoon so the light was poor, but we saw 24 Brent geese today at the West beech in Nairn. I think they are Brent Geese anyway.

DSCF0150 resized.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back