• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Moray birding (1 Viewer)

They're here!
Waxwing 14 Lossiemouth
Snow Bunting 1 Tronach Head
Waxwing 5 Elgin cemetery

3 Waxwings in Raigmore Hospital car park this afternoon. Talk about tame! oh and by crikey the invasion of Fieldfare and Redwing appears to have no end!

Culloden woods and surrounding area besieged by them.

Thanks for the comments Chaps :)

Get any pics of the Twite Marcus? They seem to be getting regular on this side of the Moray Firth, good news!

Ratal, keep us infod of any more waxwing in Inverness please, photo time again!

10/11/2013 Goldeneye 50 Spey Bay
Merlin 1 west Bow Fiddle Rock
Water Rail 2, Jay 2 Loch Spynie
Snow Bunting 56, Golden Plover 10 East Dunes Findhorn
Slavonian Grebe 7 Burghead Bay (Roseisle)
Whooper Swan 7 south-west over Elgin

9/11/2013 Great Northern Diver 2, Red-throated Diver 17 Spey Bay
Knot 124 west beach Burghead
Snow Bunting 24 east beach Lossiemouth
Jay 10, Water Rail 1 Loch Spynie

Great Crested Grebe 1, Slavonian Grebe 1 off east dunes Findhorn
Little Egret 1, Golden Plover 300, Grey Plover 1 Findhorn Bay (south-west corner)
13 Waxwing 10+ Elgin cemetery

10/11/2013 Black-throated Diver 8, Great Crested Grebe 1, Slavonian Grebe 5 off east dunes Findhorn

King Eider 1 male east side of Burghead
Little Egret 1 roosting in tree Binsness (Findhorn Bay)
Waxwing 30+ Sunninghill Hotel (Elgin)

Agreed Dave and I wasn't admitting to anything else but. However the names are subject to privacy laws and as such I don't put them on, however to satisfy you I shall now put the place they have been lifted from henceforth :)

Plus people may check this site and not the Moray and Nairn. I publish my sighting on both so not taking away from Martins excellent site, which I follow with interest.

Sorry you feel aggrieved by my passing on the info. I also post the sightings on surfbirds and will credit said site on that media.

You may also like to get in touch with birdguides as they also replicate some of the sightings.(My own included so I know they do not ask permission from the observer)

Martin, if you have a problem with this just drop me an e-mail and I can easily stop.

Dave

The following sightings have been replicated from the website www.birdsinmorayandnairn.org, well worth a visit especially if you want to see some excellent pictures as well, these birds were not seen by birding Ecosse and I post solely to pass on information for visiting birders.

6/12/2013 (early morning) Great Northern Diver 2, Black-throated Diver 2, Red-throated Diver 7, Puffin 1, Black Guillemot 3, Gannet 31 past Lossiemouth in 1 hour
5/12/2013 Purple Sandpiper 64 Lossiemouth

Good day on the Moray Firth today, Velvet and Common Scoter, Long Tailed Duck and Common Eiders, Slavonian Grebe. Red and Black Throated Diver all off Roseisle. Two male Capercaillie and nice flock of 25 Crossbills in Local wood.

Sadly no I didn't Marcus, will try later on in week if it lingers. Did you see the report of King Eider off Nairn Golf course? Think it was on Bird Guides earlier today. (I hope it's okay to mention this one as I didn't personally see it, it was just reported)

You finding Divers hard to come by this winter? I was at Burghead the other day and didn't pick up a single one!

I have been picking up a regular Red Kite up by the chicken farm on the A96 as well.

Dave

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back