• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Moth ID please Epping Forest. (1 Viewer)

KenM

Can’t find this seemingly Noctuid in Lewingtons?

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_8131.jpeg
    IMG_8131.jpeg
    651.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8127.jpeg
    IMG_8127.jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 8
Not surprised you couldn't find it in the noctuids. It's not even a macro- so looking in the wrong book! :LOL: It's a large micro- Double-striped Tabby, Hypsopygia glaucinalis.(y)

Get ye’r laughing teeth round this one A 🤣
Has left me most disconsolate.😩
👍

Attachments

• IMG_8162.jpeg
    IMG_8162.jpeg
    452.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8161.jpeg
    IMG_8161.jpeg
    459.7 KB · Views: 11
It's tricky, but general colour palette, hint of ragged dark grey terminal and rusty subterminal bands along the wing tips, and rusty kidney stigmata.

It's tricky, but general colour palette, hint of ragged dark grey terminal and rusty subterminal bands along the wing tips, and rusty kidney stigmata.
I’ll happily go along with that JW, albeit the only comment I would make is…that I do get PMW’s not infrequently and they’re normally well marked to the point that I recognise them almost immediately.
Accepted that some might come as challenging as this, I’ll have to raise my game….Cheers👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back