• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My 115MM Spotter Setup KIT (1 Viewer)

This 115mm scope looks to me more like a fast photo lens than a high magnification capable telescope.

Has anyone found one that can work well at 200x as a good 115mm certainly should?

An 115mm astro refractor should go higher than that on the night sky.

As a low magnification spotting scope the 115mm Swarovski probably works well.

Regards,
B.

I know one person who has been actively searching for a really good 115mm module and has yet to find one. Too much spherical aberration seems to be the consistent problem. The one I tried had approximately the raw resolving power of a 100-105mm scope, but there was enough spherical aberration and coma to make the image look a bit soft even down in the 50-70x range compared to the essentially aberration free 92mm astro refractor I was using as a reference.

Henry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back