• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Never to old to change (1 Viewer)

Hi, I'm Mick from South Normanton, Derbyshire. After 30 years of our own hobbies, the wife & myself are doing something together & it's great. A chance visit to Slimbridge last year started us on this great hobby. We are members of RSPB & our local bird club at Ogston (just off the A61 near Clay Cross) the members there are really helpful, always willing to pass on their knowlegde. I'd like to get into Digiscoping & have found the threads on the site very useful, I've had the same problems as most, blurred pictures, but I have just done a bench test, with a Black & Decker workmate & a few brackets for stability, to prove everything works, with good results. Now I will have to make or purchase some sort of bracket + cable release (will keep you posted).

Hi Mick,

A warm welcome to BirdForum from all the Admin and Moderators. I am looking forward to seeing your photos in the Gallery.

Hi Mick,

Welcome to Birdforum. It is good you have finallly found something to do together after 30 years :). It took us about 5 years.

Your digiscoping experiment sounds fun, but you can hardly carry your B & D workmate with you - or will that be your good ladys job (I know the feeling) :-( You should find plenty of advice already in the forum about the brackets and cable release, if you want to start up a new thread in there to see which would be the most recommended ones for you individual set up.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back