• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New as of today...Hello all, I am in middle Tennessee and have been feeding wild birds all my adult life. (1 Viewer)

Mister Mack

United States
I was watching bird feeders as a child in mid Alabama and now I have several feeders and houses in middle Tennessee. I feed sunflower seeds exclusively and also keep a thistle sock hanging. Recently one of my bluebird houses got a pair of Wrens in it (I think Carolina Wrens) I found a dead Wren that managed to squeeze through a feeding port on one of my tube feeders (first time in 5 years) It seems to me an adolescent Wren has now joined the surviving Wren and is helping with the feeding and such. The reason I say this is the Wren still begs for food, even though it is bringing it to the house (lol). Has anyone ever seen this before?

Welcome to BirdForum Mister Mack and we sure are glad you joined us :)

No, I've never seen that kind of activity but I suppose it's just a natural form of behavior with a juvie.

Hi Mister Mack and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. I do know that in other species young from a previous brood help raise the new ones. But I've no idea if this happens with Carolina Wrens. Though I may look into it.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi Mister Mack and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. I do know that in other species young from a previous brood help raise the new ones. But I've no idea if this happens with Carolina Wrens. Though I may look into it.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.
Thank you for the reply.....I am sure I will enjoy it...I have always enjoyed feeding the birds, My little girl's first word was bird because she sat in my lap and watched with me...she is 33 now (-;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back