• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New bird for DB - Blue Bonnet (1 Viewer)

Hi there,
could you add the Blue Bonnet 'Northiella haematogaster' to the database from my gallery.

Just a query, how does a photo of a bird that is already in the database get replaced with another photo of a bird of the same species? Is there a guideline how this can happen?

Thanks for all your help, you all do a wonderful job in keeping this going.
Michele

Thanks for pointing the Bluebonnet out, it has now been put in the database. What a little stunner it is.

Sorry for the delay in replying but I have been away for a few days and also looking after my Mum who has not been well. Not sure why this hasn't been answered by any of the other Mods or DB Mods.

My normal way of checking is to see if the bird sounds new to me and look to see if we have a picture(s), if not it goes in the database. If I see a picture that is really stunning for ID purposes in the gallery, I then look to see the one we already have, if it is much better it gets replaced, but the other would be in the other images.
The criteria is for ID purposes.

I checked through about a 150 or so of the UK & Europe Birds earlier on in the year and updated quite a lot of the pictures, but we have over 10,000 possible species to cover of which 3,500 are already in the DB.

Many thanks to all the contributors so far. If ever you get an new one or see one that could be updated or that the other image link is not working correctly just PM me, Jacamar or any of the Mods and we will sort it out.

Thanks very much for answering Marmot. I do hope your mum gets well again soon.

Your explanation for database updates is much appreciated, it is good to have a better understanding of how these decisions are made.

Cheers Michele

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back