• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Genesis line or just new aesthetics? (1 Viewer)

mauriciolacruz

Spain
I've just seen on Internet a new aesthetics on the Genesis 44 line, both versions (8.5x44 and 10.5x44) in a different olive green color than usual, and no black parts (with the exception of the "Genesis 44" label on the left barrel):

opplanet-kowa-genesis-44-8x-binoculars.jpg

Is it a new/improved Genesis 44 line or is it just a new aesthetics (new color), keeping the same optics & coatings & mechanics than before?

Last edited:
It seems to be a rendered image, not an actual photo. (So none of the above: neither a new Genesis 44 line nor a new aesthetics.)

What a pity! 😢
It just looks gorgeous in that color! 😭

Here below the answer from Kowa Europe, in Germany:

"Dear Mr. Xxxxxxx,

We did not make any change in the optical or body design.

I guess that this is not a photo, but a graphics."

Last edited:
It seems to be a rendered image, not an actual photo. (So none of the above: neither a new Genesis 44 line nor a new aesthetics.)

What a pity! 😢
It just looks gorgeous in that color! 😭

Here below the answer from Kowa Europe, in Germany:

"Dear Mr. Xxxxxxx,

We did not make any change in the optical or body design.

I guess that this is not a photo, but a graphics."

Thanks for the clarification, but what a pity. That "graphic" is drop dead gorgeous! Kowa should do it.

Mike

They have had this graphic for years. The only manufacture to have a graphic that is not representative of what the actual product looks like.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back