• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Member Introduction (3 Viewers)

Hi mike,
Interesting what you say about digiscoped images not capturing the behaviour of the birds... I know several pro bird photographers who have come to a similar view (even with their amazing shots from slr's and fast long lenses) A number have turned their attention to video work (utilising some of their big Canon lenses).... of course we can do the same with our scopes and a miniDV camcorder.
Regards,
Andy B

hi Mike- while your photos are indeed wonderful, what I find even more wonderful is your commitment to the welfare of the birds first and foremost. It's one thing to say it, it's quite another to do it & it's refreshing to read your words. Thank you for those very important words: "In my view, the welfare of the bird comes first over me obtaining a "good shot" of one."
Wood Warblers are my absolute favorites (after owls and hummingbirds and.. ) well, you get the idea :) We had fall-outs here in Michigan similiar to what you describe last spring- it was amazing to look out our windows and see warblers everywhere, and I do mean everywhere. They covered the understory, our roofs, our cars, our woodpiles- the cold temps really were rough on them and it was a sight I will never forget. Your photos are just precious because each and every one of those colorful sprites is a miracle to me- they've come so very far on their journey to get here and still manage to sing the sweetest songs in the world.
Good birding to you & please keep spreading the good word :)

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back