• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New member (2 Viewers)

Neil22

Wales
Hi
I have just joined the forum, so hello !!
I live on the north coast of Gower in south Wales, on the Loughor Estuary, and have great views west down the salt marsh towards LLanrhidian.
I have owned a variety of spotter scopes, but have slowly but surely upgraded.
I have recently ordered a used, but 'near mint' Nikon ED82, with the 30X ED wide eyepiece from Japan (which should arrive very soon).
At present I have an ED60 with a 20-60 zoom (when used with this scope), and have been very inpressed with it, but I'm sure the '82' will be so much better.
Will I be able to use the 20-60 with the new scope, or should I sell it and keep the 30X ED wide ??
Neil

Hi Neil and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. Sorry, can't answer that question, so I've moved your post to the Nikon 'scope forum as they're better placed to be able to advise you.

I think the Gower is beautiful you're so lucky to live there.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi Neil and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. Sorry, can't answer that question, so I've moved your post to the Nikon 'scope forum as they're better placed to be able to advise you.

I think the Gower is beautiful you're so lucky to live there.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.
Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to sharing my views, and hopefully some fantastic bird spots on our marsh with you all.

Hi Neil, welcome to birdforum, we hope you enjoy the site and feel free to join in where ever you wish (y)

cheers,
Andy

Hi
I have just joined the forum, so hello !!
I live on the north coast of Gower in south Wales, on the Loughor Estuary, and have great views west down the salt marsh towards LLanrhidian.
I have owned a variety of spotter scopes, but have slowly but surely upgraded.
I have recently ordered a used, but 'near mint' Nikon ED82, with the 30X ED wide eyepiece from Japan (which should arrive very soon).
At present I have an ED60 with a 20-60 zoom (when used with this scope), and have been very inpressed with it, but I'm sure the '82' will be so much better.
Will I be able to use the 20-60 with the new scope, or should I sell it and keep the 30X ED wide ??
Neil
Welcome.

The eyepieces are interchangeable between ED50/60/78/82 scopes, so personally I’d keep it - it will be 25-75x on the ED82.

Nice to have options too, the 30x is a lovely eyepiece, but a zoom comes in handy sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back