• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Product Introduction Today From Swarovski ? (1 Viewer)

Brilliant idea to concave the optical tubes for ergonomics and that headpad is genius and the focuser position look's perfect. Now the question is which one are you going to buy the new Zeiss or the new Swarovski. I am going Swarovski all the way! It is a no brainer with the much bigger FOV and you know Swaro's are going to be sharper on the edge's. Brilliant timing bringing them out before people spent their money on the Zeiss's. YEEEHA!

Last edited:
They look very interesting but I will be staying with my 5 month old 8.5x42 EL Field Pro as i love the 8.5 magnification and the 1.5m close focusing. The field of view also works for me too.

Brilliant idea to concave the optical tubes for ergonomics and that headpad is genius and the focuser position look's perfect. Now the question is which one are you going to buy the new Zeiss or the new Swarovski. I am going Swarovski all the way! It is a no brainer with the much bigger FOV and you know Swaro's are going to be sharper on the edge's. Brilliant timing bringing them out before people spent their money on the Zeiss's. YEEEHA!

Anybody taking preorders on these yet in the STATES..? B&H does not show them yet..

These are very expensive. I wonder will they keep the EL around or does the NL replace it?
I still like the look of the EL better, but the NL looks pretty nice too.
I thought the hourglass shape was weird at first but it could possibly make a more ergonomic grip.
The focus position seems like copy of HT/SF. I don't like the weight. These look big and heavy.
I guess huge FOV is where it's at these days. How will I get by with my narrow CL ... teehee

Looking forward to first hands on impressions.

Well better get saving, September is only two months away. Both the 8 and 10X42 look interesting, the 12X42? not sure about that one. I like the extra aperture on my 12X50.

Andy W.

Well better get saving, September is only two months away. Both the 8 and 10X42 look interesting, the 12X42? not sure about that one. I like the extra aperture on my 12X50.

Andy W.

I already have the EL 10x42 and EL12X50 so the new 12X42 will be awesome to add to the fleet.. Who do most go to for early buying in STATES on things like this..?

Many times I have longed to create a "Frankenbin" by combining my SLC WB view into my Victory HT chassis. At a glance it looks like they've done something like that, and perhaps more (at least by the specs).

Nearly cursed out loud when I saw the pics because if they do turn out to be all that, I will have to make a pair mine despite the stratospheric price. They have moved the focus knob closer to where God intended, but alas, will it finally be velvety smooth?

Dennis,

They(8.5X42) will still command top $$. I will always have one. If Jan never mentioned this event yesterday, it would have hit me square in the forehead.

Andy W.

Some curiosity about the forehead brace, hmmm....I wonder about the balance on the new glass, surely there will be a discussion about it. Get your pop corn.

Andy W.

Great field of view figures, no question of that, and they have moved the focus wheel to the same position as Zeiss SF so I guess Chosun Juan will be unhappy with this forced position. The emphasis on ergonomics seems like an attempt to catch up with the progress made by SF and the deletion of the hinge by the objectives hints at a similar shift in balance to that achieved by SF too. No doubt it will be a fine instrument and I look forward to trying one out. Shame about the weight though.

Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back