• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Window Feeder (1 Viewer)

Euan Buchan

The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Supporter
Scotland
One of my Mum’s friend gave me a window feeder, look forward seeing what birds go to it.

Attachments

• 8AD32134-5EE8-4A77-935D-5BF68EC57C77.jpeg
    8AD32134-5EE8-4A77-935D-5BF68EC57C77.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
Nice one Euan. Good luck with it lad.

Hope they find yours quicker than it took them to find mine (about 3 months!). I attracted them to mine by sprinkling some feed just below it, but I don't know if it's possible for you to do that?

Magpie has been at the feeder.

Attachments

• 8EB9F27D-4E78-4927-BB43-9E06C682C552.jpeg
    8EB9F27D-4E78-4927-BB43-9E06C682C552.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • 7EE1E33E-4D6D-4BD9-9973-CF2E219CFF78.jpeg
    7EE1E33E-4D6D-4BD9-9973-CF2E219CFF78.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 4
OMG!!! What a catch!!!

He's awful big for a window feeder the greedy piggie LOL.

Seriously though, Euan, if birds bigger than the usual tits and robins etc are attracted to it, it's likely to come crashing down. Two or three Starlings battling for access does that to mine.

Well it did, until I had a separate fixing point for safety. Simply a piece of string threaded through the suction cap hole, then through the window (somehow) depends on the style how you do that), and fixed inside the room.

You may be able to feed it underneath the window and up onto the handle???

Sometimes the suction cups fail to stick too, so you need to remove it regularly and clean the area. But it will fall 5 minutes before you go to do that LOL

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back