• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New with a question (1 Viewer)

Daletolly

United States
Hi I’m Dale and I’ve watched birds all my life . Has any one seen a Robin lay their eggs on bare ground and then brood them . I have one that had four eggs now down to three. I have a theory she’s the classic jilted lover left with a fertile eggs . My story includes a conventional mud and grass nest and a angry male Robin that poops at the Robin on the other side of my trucks side mirrors and windows .

Wow Dale! With almost 30 years of watching birdlife I have never seen anything like that. Quite interesting and btw, a warm welcome to you from those of us on BirdForum!
Please keep us updated on this action ;)

Hi, Dale. Welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I have never heard of anything like this either.

Hi Dale and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Thanks I think she “had” a nest it was lost in a dispute it now looks more like a mess the thing is a layered nest on top of nest .

Attachments

• 239975D2-8938-41AF-BFFF-7EDD9919B255.jpeg
    239975D2-8938-41AF-BFFF-7EDD9919B255.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 6
  • 2B9EEE87-0C67-4D7F-B2CE-01BDF7C6FFAB.jpeg
    2B9EEE87-0C67-4D7F-B2CE-01BDF7C6FFAB.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back