• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Newbie - chirping noise at night (1 Viewer)

Hi Calamitygirl and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. Many smoke alarms will do this when the battery needs changing (they still have one even if it's wired into the mains). However, I'll move your post to the ID forum to see if they can help, though it could be an animal or insect.

To help them, could you please advise where you live and what the habitat consists of around you. Is it only this time of year, or was it happening through the winter months as well?

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Also anything you can do to describe the sound and where it seems to be coming from. Could it be coming from your attic, or is it somewhere in the trees at the far side of your yard? Is it always from the same place? How long does each chirp last, how long between chirps, how many times repeated? Are all the chirps the same note? Is each chirp a single note or does it rise or fall? etc etc
It may also help if you describe what you're sure it's not and how you know. Crickets and frogs are common sources of chirping noises, are you familiar with what those sound like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back